Since 1999 eNL Legal has recruited for the public sector legal recruitment market, including the placement of public sector Legal Advisors within private law firms. We have worked with central government, education, local authorities, the NHS and regulatory bodies. We also place legal professionals within charities and not for profit organisations.
If you are a public sector organisation with permanent or locum legal roles and requirements, we are on hand to help. We have in-depth public sector knowledge and understand “all too well” about budget constraints, timeframes and other unique idiosyncrasies.
For candidates we provide a tailored “end to end” service, our Legal Recruitment Consultants will help you every step of the way. The eNL Legal recruitment agency has established a large network of contacts across the sector, which enables us to have a range of public law jobs listed daily. Call us today to discuss your next career move.
Why work in public sector?
Some of the biggest employers in the UK are in the public sector and in total over 6 million Britons are employed by public sector organisations. There are many reasons to work in the public sector; we have listed just a few of them below:
- Be a patriot! – Ultimately all public sector roles assist the government and therefore each and every one of us. Protecting the legal interests of the UK could be considered a patriotic duty!
- Caring for people – Many public sector legal roles involve helping and caring for vulnerable people, such roles include protecting children and vulnerable adults, ensuring housing quality and the enforcement of licensing, etc.
- Develop a specialism – Public sector legal roles offer Solicitors, Lawyers and other legal professionals the chance to develop deep specialisms in a wide-variety of legal disciplines.
- The public sector offers stable employment.
- Good salary and financial transparency.
- Public sector is big on the training front.
- Often flexible working is available.
Public sector legal job roles and titles
There are many types of public sector legal roles available. Some examples are listed below:
- Child Protection Lawyer
- Civil Litigation Lawyer
- Contracts Lawyer
- Head of Legal Services
- Healthcare Lawyer
- Housing & Property Lawyer
- Immigration Caseworker
- Licensing Lawyer
- Planning Lawyer
- Project Lawyer
- Regulatory & Compliance Lawyer
Contacting eNL Legal about public sector legal vacancies
Call your closest eNL Legal office to discuss public sector legal jobs, contact details are:
- Birmingham - 0121 454 1004,
- Leeds - 0113 320 0575,
- London - 0207 183 8586 and
- Manchester 0161 850 0745
Also feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, for an early reply to your enquiry.