Legal Cashier, Kent, 4+ year experience as a legal cashier. Our client is looking for an experienced legal cashier who will be looking to join an established firm and assist with the daily operations in Kent. To apply please call Kaye Thumpston on 0207 183 8586 and quote Job Ref: 5004
JOB TITLE: Legal Cashier
SALARY: £23k – £27k
Looking for a change? Our client is currently recruiting an experienced Legal Cashier with 4 years + experience to join them at their office in Kent. The role will include a wide range of duties including –
• Accurately input all client/office credits, debits and transfers, with occasional nominal postings.
• Handle/assist with property transactions – checking of completion statements, keying of payments onto Bankline, checking of back-up documents and that all internal procedures have been followed.
• Assist with maintaining Bankline CHAPS/Faster Payments templates for all regular payees, adding and removing as necessary.
• To take Visa/Mastercard payments over the telephone and produce receipts for both fee earners and clients.
• Assist Cashiers Supervisor in weekly Cashiers’ report to ensure all transfers are made within 14-day limit.
• Respond to queries from fee earners and secretaries; providing support and training as required or escalate to Cashiers Supervisor or Finance Manager as appropriate.
• Produce cheques and sort for second signature where necessary and send to correct branch
• Annual archiving of accounts records and update of manual records.
• Process petty cash reconciliations for all branches.
• Process purchase ledger postings.
• Assist the Finance Manager with month/year end queries as required.
• To complete such tasks as required to support the Accounts Department, including filing, photocopying, and other general office duties
As a legal cashier you will be required to have proven accounting skills and experience and knowledge of the Solicitors Regulation Authority Accounts Rules 2019. (SRA). The successful candidate will have strong communication skills as this will be key when liaising with clients. This role also requires excellent prioritisation, meticulous attention to detail as this will assist in the daily reconciliations on client accounts and help towards the general administrative duties.
Please note that the role will be office based at the clients Kent firm.
HOW TO APPLY:
Contact Kaye Thumpston at eNL on 020 71838586 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, or simply call for a confidential discussion. eNL will never share your CV with a third party without your express permission. As part of our candidate care process, we aim to respond to all applications in 7 days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide.
eNL is handling a number of legal cashier vacancies throughout the London and South East. If you are a legal cashier looking for a move, please call now.
eNL has a number of permanent, locum and consultant vacancies for private practice law firms, the public sector and FTSE in-house organisations, throughout England & Wales. If you are legally qualified or in a legal business support role and considering a career move, do get in touch, or go to https://www.enllegal.co.uk/enl/register-with-us to register your interest.
In addition, if you know any legal professionals that may be interested in a new role, remember we do offer up to £500 referral fee bonus (T&C’s apply).