EMPLOYMENT SOLICITOR – IN HOUSE/PUBLIC SECTOR – 2+ PQE - £60,000 – SURREY – JOB REF:4252
Reporting to the Legal Manager, the in-house Solicitor will be responsible for providing a comprehensive service of employment law advice. Providing advice on civil procedure and costs matters as well as implementing and keeping under review a legal strategy that ensures a consistent approach to the provision of legal advice and support. This will include:
• Developing and maintaining an effective working relationship with each of the Claims administration departments
• In conjunction with the training department contribute to the training on employment and discrimination law, ensuring
they are updated on developments in case law and legislation
• Providing a first-stage analysis of requests for advice/funding /support
• In conjunction with the Research department contribute to a legal database which includes legal advice and relevant case
decisions where requested
• Review commercial contracts
• Assist HR with any internal queries on an as required basis
EMPLOYMENT SOLICITOR – IN HOUSE/PUBLIC SECTOR:
The appointed Employment Solicitor will have:
• Direct post-qualification work experience in employment law and/or discrimination law for at least 2 years
• A demonstrable understanding, awareness and commitment to the promotion of equality and diversity
• Demonstrable experience with a good understanding and awareness of employment and discrimination law and Employment Tribunal practice and procedure
• The ability to assess cost/merit/benefit of cases
• Direct experience of assigning cases to and working with advocates
• The ability to make complex legal matters accessible to non-lawyers through written and oral communication
• The ability to review commercial contracts
Powered by capable individuals with ambition to do well, the staff work hard and are equipped with common sense, initiative and enthusiasm, often creative and resourceful. This is a great opportunity - to apply or to register your interest, please call Pasq on 020 7183 8586 for a confidential discussion to learn more about the role.
HOW TO APPLY:
Contact Pasquale Agatiello at eNL on 020 7183 8586 or email Pasquale.email@example.com with your CV, or simply call for a confidential discussion. eNL will never share your CV with a third party without your express permission. As part of our candidate care process, we aim to respond to all applications in 7 days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide.
eNL has a number of permanent, locum and consultant vacancies for private practice law firms, the public sector and FTSE in-house organisations, throughout England & Wales. If you are legally qualified or in a legal business support role and considering a career move, do get in touch, or go to https://www.enllegal.co.uk/enl/register-with-us to register your interest.
In addition, if you know any legal professionals that may be interested in a new role, remember we do offer up to £500 referral fee bonus (T&C’s apply).