JOB TITLE: Commercial & Data Protection Lawyer
SALARY: £50K+ (depending on experience)
THE ROLE: Our client has an opportunity for a commercial lawyer with data protection experience to join them supporting clients with their commercial contracts and other related work. The role is focussed on maintaining high quality legal delivery, whilst working with clients to fully understand their needs and concerns, demonstrating pragmatism where appropriate. The role would be serving a broad range of highly valued clients across the full range of size, complexity and value. Key accountabilities and responsibilities will include
• Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts, ranging from international B2B contracts to consumer facing standard terms and conditions.
• Playing a key role in building and maintaining client relationships.
• From time to time, supporting the M&A team with commercial due diligence.
• Supporting clients in the development of their data privacy procedures including the drafting of internal and external facing policy documents.
• Reviewing, drafting and negotiation of data processing and data sharing agreements.
• Supporting clients in their interactions with data subjects of the ICO concerning the processing of personal data.
• From time to time, supporting the M&A team with data protection due diligence.
THE CANDIDATE: Ideal candidate would be 3-8 years PQE with a solid knowledge of commercial contracts and/or data protection. Including
• A solid knowledge of commercial contracts, including terms of sale and distribution arrangements.
• Experience of construction and IT contracts (desirable, but not essential).
• Experience negotiating data processing agreements, advising clients on their data processing activities and dealing with subject access requests.
• The skills to take on a high degree of responsibility and manage a challenging workload in a fast-paced environment.
• Sound technical and legal skills with a pragmatic approach and solutions focussed advice.
• A good commercial understanding and excellent interpersonal skills.
• The ability to deliver legal services as part of a multi-disciplinary offering.
• Skilled at analysing and managing legal and practical risk.
• A desire to provide an excellent client service and the ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues and clients.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
• Competitive salary, reviewed annually
• Training and development on the job, working closely with experienced senior lawyers
• Flexible working arrangements and remote working where possible.
• Private health insurance
• Life cover
• Good work life balance with flexibility
• Bonus scheme, based on performance
• Team socials outside of work
• Relaxed dress code
HOW TO APPLY:
Contact Pasquale Agatiello at eNL on 020 7183 8586 or email Pasquale.firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, or simply call for a confidential discussion. eNL will never share your CV with a third party without your express permission. As part of our candidate care process, we aim to respond to all applications in 7 days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide.
eNL has a number of permanent, locum and consultant vacancies for private practice law firms, the public sector and FTSE in-house organisations, throughout England & Wales. If you are legally qualified or in a legal business support role and considering a career move, do get in touch, or go to https://www.enllegal.co.uk/enl/register-with-us to register your interest.
In addition, if you know any legal professionals that may be interested in a new role, remember we do offer up to £500 referral fee bonus (T&C’s apply).