£60K - £65K
We are looking for a Legal Counsel to help drive our clients legal function. The capabilities and role of the function have increased substantially in recent years reflecting the growth of the business.
The post holder will be expected to support the business on both legal and commercial matters, working with the Head of Legal and Senior Legal Counsels providing timely, pragmatic and commercially focused advice on a range of commercial contracts and data protection matters.
The Company provide a relaxed and friendly culture, and are committed to promoting a healthy work/life balance.
• The post holder is responsible for the provision of competent and timely legal advice ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
• Draft and negotiate a range of commercial agreements.
• Acting as an advisor on data protection matters
• Pro-actively identify areas where they can add value legally and commercially
• Understand company objectives, priorities and values and support alignment across the business.
• Attend scheduled and ad-hoc cross-functional/departmental meetings as may be required.
• A qualified Solicitor/Lawyer
• 4+ years post qualification experience practicing contract law
• Excellent understanding and knowledge of data protection legislation with a proven history of working in the field of data protection
• Strong technical, analytical and drafting skills
• Enthusiastic and proactive approach to your work
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure with limited supervision
• A pragmatic approach and an ability to assess and quantify commercial risk
• Ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Flexible and willing to take on work in new or unfamiliar practice areas
Note that this role is suited to home-working from the outset in light of the current Covid-19 situation and flexible working arrangements can be considered
HOW TO APPLY:
Contact Melanie Daly at eNL on 0121 410 6994 for a confidential discussion or email email@example.com attaching your most up to date CV. If you would like to review any other vacancies we are currently handling, then please visit our web site https://enllegal.co.uk/
eNL is handling a number of in-house vacancies throughout the South West. If you are a Solicitor looking for a move, call now for a confidential discussion. As part of our candidate care process we aim to respond to all applications within 7 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please go to https://www.enllegal.co.uk/register-with-us/ to register your interest for similar positions. Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide.
In addition, if you know any Solicitors who may be interested, remember we do offer up to £500 referral fee bonus (Terms and Conditions apply).