In-house Legal Counsel – Surrey – 3+ PQE - A unique opportunity to join a supportive business that fosters a culture where its employees are empowered to collaborate, perform and challenge the industry. up to £80K + car allowance + bonus + benefits
JOB TITLE: In-house Legal Counsel
PQE REQUIRED: 3 - 8
LOCATION: Surrey (Commutable from: London, Hampshire, Sussex)
SALARY: up to £80K + car allowance + bonus + benefits
Our client is seeking a qualified solicitor or barrister to join them as an in-house Legal Counsel. The legal team is based at their Guildford Head Office and currently comprises of seven lawyers, including the Chief Legal Officer, who is also the Company Secretary. Key responsibilities of the role will include
• Supporting the Deputy Chief Legal Officer and other Legal Counsel, as well as Company Secretariat, in discharging their responsibilities.
• Dealing with issues concerning terms of business, policy documentation, distribution and affinity agreements, outsourcing and services agreements etc.
• Providing legal representation in negotiations, discussions and meetings with customers, suppliers and business partners, assisting with relationship management.
• Obtaining prompt, cost-effective external legal advice and assisting with the practical implementation of that advice.
• Raising the level of awareness and understanding in the business of legal issues, risks and mitigation, including contract management.
• Representing the Legal Department on project teams set up to address issues across the Group.
• 3+ years PQE
• Ideally, experience of general insurance work, either in a law firm or in-house with an insurance company
• Good day to day knowledge of Financial Services regulatory bodies and practices including ICOBS, PERGS, introducer appointed representatives and financial promotions.
• Some knowledge of other regulatory/compliance aspects e.g. passporting, FSCS, FOS, Solvency II, data protection, competition law (e.g. Block Exemption) and IT work is advantageous.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you would like further information or would be interested to apply for this vacancy please contact Pasquale Agatiello at eNL on 020 7183 8586 or email Pasquale.email@example.com or contact us via LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/237102
eNL is handling a number of in-house vacancies throughout the London and South East region. If you are a Solicitor looking for a move, call now for a confidential discussion. As part of our candidate care process we aim to respond to all applications within 7 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please go to http://www.enllegal.co.uk/candidate-registration.php to register your interest for similar positions. Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide.
In addition, if you know any Solicitors that may be interested, remember we do offer up to £500 referral fee bonus (Terms and Conditions apply).